My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, January 2, 2012

Out and about with Jen

Jenni invited me to go shopping with her this morning and to visit this campground near Sequim Bay State Park.  I always like being driven so I was happy to oblige.  For the last few years she's gone to this scrapbooking retreat at Camp David, Jr. west of Port Angeles.  Because of budget cuts, though, the camp was closed for the winter.  She adored this weekend outing with girl friends so she decided to investigate other places they might hold their retreat.  Here's some pictures I took at Ramblewood.  She's hoping to get enough ladies to sign up to make the weekend affordable.  They do their own cooking and travel to it no matter what the weather--often in snow.  I'll never know where she gets this trait of fearlessness to drive in the white stuff---certainly not from her mother!











We stopped at Joanne's as she had a gift card and I needed some more yarn and white material.  Also browsed The Dollar Tree for 50 cent greeting cards, envelopes, and batteries.
I had a gift card for Burger King so we drove thru and got hamburgers.  Also stopped at Penney's.  Lots of good sales at 50% & 70% off. I bought a pair of slippers, some socks, and two pair of warm jammies.  Unfortunately, though, the pajamas were packaged in such a way that I couldn't see how big or small they actually were.  Neither fit when I got home so I'll have to make a return visit.  Probably made in China. They never get the sizes right.

One annoying note about Penney's.....I needed a watch battery and was thrilled to hear the girl at the jewelry counter had one of those gadgets to take the back off my Timex watch.  (some watch backs are more difficult to get off than others)  Anyhow, as she started to get out her little tool, she informs me they charge $11 TO TAKE OFF THE BACK!  WHAT?!  FORGET THAT!
With the cost of the removal and battery, my stupid Timex isn't even worth that much.  Shame on Penneys for being greedy!

I was thinking about going to a 3-D movie (Hugo) this afternoon but I managed to talk myself out of it.  Rain is coming down hard now so I'l content myself with videos at home.  I pulled my camera out for our return trip home after shopping. Decided I would take pictures of places I frequent or pass as I scoot around Port Angeles. 

Yep. My blog is hurting for photos, no doubt about that but this is what I do.  Ha Ha


 coming down Morse Creek Road heading into Port Angeles. This view is terrific in Autumn
                                           Wally Mart - the store you love to hate
we've just passed the grocery where Sue works on the left
 
the Golden Arches of course

                                                            Jenni's bank
                                              Frugals drive-thru up ahead
                                                Papa Murphy Pizza. Used to be a bank.
                                       Walgreens just past the Aircrest Motel
                                     Jack in the Box, my favorite milk shake place
                                         Where we sit to look out and eat hamburgers
 Approaching Front and Lincoln Streets downtown. Panhandlers often attract attention on this corner.
                                                                    Red Goose Store
                                Ahhhh.. home sweet home.  Rains have just started too.

Jenni told me that her and Hunter went on a long bike ride yesterday.  Seems there's a part of the Discovery Trail closer to my house than the one down on the waterfront.  I'm determined to get myself used to pedaling again so I can check it out.  She said you go down towards the dump and it heads to the Elwha River.  Sounds delightful as long as you don't have to climb steep hills to get there.  I'll check it out eventually.

Well, gotta go check the oven.  Found a Sara Lee apple pie in the freezer and thought it would make a good New Years Dessert.  Didn't bother with my usual resolution to lose weight. What's the use?  I will try, though. I'm just not going to beat myself up over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment