My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cleaning

This office was a little overdue for a cleaning.  Once I have to spend any amount of time looking for stuff, I know I have to get things organized.  I switched my sewing table with the desk in here, cleaned out drawers, boxes, shelves, bins, and nooks.  Even changed chairs.  Much better now.

I've been testing out my memory foam pad versus my harder mattress to see if I can tell a difference in how my back feels each morning.  I think I'm going to take off the foam and use it for company because I'm in a world of hurt today.  Sometimes it's hard to gauge whether the mattress is at fault or if it's just the body aging in a onery way.  I'm going to read up on sciatica again too. There must be something that can ease the discomfort that comes and goes month after month.

Hunter asked if I would post that he's raising money for the heart assn again and would people donate to his cause. (I think he gets prizes depending on what he raises)  If you want to do it (and if you trust me) send me a check made out to ME and I'll deposit and write him a second check. Last year the people that sent a check made out to the American Heart Assn. had to wait months and months for it to clear and people got aggravated with their checks being outstanding for that long. I vowed that the next year I'd ask people to donate a little differently--even if it is a bit unconventional.  Like I say, if you trust me....  (any amount is fine..I'll probably do $5 or $10 myself)

And if you're in the market for shopping bags, my sister is making them like crazy.

Death notes:
Walt Disney (Dec 5, 1901-Dec. 15, 1966) Walt's left cancer-ridden lung was removed but he died a month later anyway. He rarely attended funerals and no annoucement was made for his own, which was attended only by relatives. He was cremated and his ashes interrred in Glendale, CA

Brian Keith (Nov 14, 1921-June 24,1997)  Brian was suffering from lung cancer and emphysema and was distraught by the gunshot suicide of his daughter. Two months later he shot himself. His ashes were interred in Santa Monica.

Redd Foxx (Dec 9, 1922-Oct 11, 1991) As Fred Sanford he often feigned heart attacks so when he collapsed of a real heart attack while filming a new series, the people on the set thought he was joking. He was dead at 68 and is buried in Las Vegas.

Jim Henson (Sept 24, 1936-May 16, 1990)  Jim died suddenly of an aggresive bacterial infection known as steptococcus pneumonia. It overwhelmed his body despite high doses of antibiotics. Within 20 hours of walking into the hosptial, he died. Before the illness, he had been in excellent health and had never even had a personal physician. He was cremated and his ashes were scattered at his ranch outside Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Health notes:
Best houseplants to use as air filters:  aloe vera, Chinese evergreen, elephant ear philodendron, English ivy, ficus, golden pothos, corn plants, peace lily and spider plants.

How to prevent a heart attack:  Eat a couple of kiwis daily.  (there was a whole lot more to this article but I put it in one quick sentence because I have to get off the computer now)


No comments:

Post a Comment