My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Driving at night

I don't drive at night but sometimes you have to in winter. I was driving Maddie across town to her basketball practice and some fool in a red sports car decided he wanted to skirt across four lanes of traffic instead of waiting for a break in the line.  I thank God I wasn't going the speed limit as I missed T-boning him by inches! Stupid jerk! How I wish a cop had been nearby.  On the return trip, another guy pulled out right in front of me.  Is there a full moon or are the roads just full of more fools after dark?

Here's a picture Maddie put on her Facebook page of her team.  They go to Kirkland for a game or jamboree or something this Saturday. She's kneeling, 2nd from the right.

Mary sent me a wireless mouse today. Cute little thing and fun to use.  And thank you too, Mary, for the keyboard and laptop bag.  I love them all!

Sammy is moping by the window waiting to be picked up. Hunter had me drop him off at his mom's bank so he could do something with their stampers.  Jen and Maddie will be selling Campfire cookies (or is it candy?) I forget. Anyhow, they'll be at Swains Port Angeles store Friday night I think.  Anybody want to buy some? Let me know.

Guess I'll go check on dinner. I have a small piece of salmon cooking in the oven and some homegrown green beans cooking on the range top with some red potatoes.  Bought a bag of 10-bean mix today so I'll probably make a pot of bean soup this weekend. Have to go buy some celery first. I forgot I was out.

More tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment