My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Slow going

I guess I'm kind of frittering away the day.  I decided to try and hook up my Xmas present gadget to see if I can teach myself how to use it.  Unfortunately, my confidence level took a nosedive with the first step. I just didn't understand what they were telling me.  They had to go and use a tone like any idiot would know that and it threw me off. Ha ha

One thing led to another.  I tried again to figure out how to attach photos to emails easily and to reduce a photo for email.  With my old system, I used my scanner to reduce the size of the photo and then it attached easily. I could attach several, in fact.  My new scanner/printer doesn't let me search for a photo I've already taken and reduce its size so I transferred the photos to my zip drive and plugged it into my old computer which is attached to my old scanner. After fixing them, I stuck the zip drive back in the new laptop and went from there.

I may have to eventually rearrange this room if I'm going to keep two computers, two printers, my laptop and my flatscreen monitor and my old scanner all in use. Oh well, rearranging is what I do best.

Wayne and Hunter ran me to Safeway. Spent $50 ($10 of that was bird seed!).  Roads were fairly clear so I'm sure I could have managed. Next Monday I'll drive to the fabric store and look for the material I want.  Rain is coming down steadily now and that suits me fine.

I decided to change my password on a few sites I frequent and man, that can zap the energy right out of you!  Especially when they remind me the words I've chosed are weak or medium. 

Well, gotta get moving.  I'm using my blog to help me waste time when there's things I need to do and don't want to.  One thing I've discovered...my old eyes need bigger fonts to read on the screen. I've had to move everything up to 125%.

No comments:

Post a Comment