My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The White Stuff





I looked out on the back porch this morning and saw three footprints.  Hmmm...I wonder if some guy was trying to get to me.  Probably.  I get that a lot.

Seriously, though, I am kind of wondering what they are.  The porch was bare when I went to bed so somebody there during the night.  I didn't see any other footprints, though, so it is puzzling.  Wayne dropped the kids and Sammy off a half hour ago. Maddie took some thistleseed I found in the garage out to one of the bird feeders so I'm hoping that will interest a few birds.  She's watching Netflix now.  Later on we may go out and build a snowman in the front yard.

I cut and pasted and edited on the word program that came with this laptop but I've still got a lot of learning to do to feel comfortable while writing.  I wanted to do a Leader blog today but I might type it here, transfer to my zip drive, and put it on my old computer with the word program I'm familiar with.

This morning I played around with the camera settings using my laptop and I'm "mostly there" but not all the way yet.  With time.

I was surprised that Wayne had to report for work this morning as the roads are quite full of high snow. He drives a fedx truck.  Am suspecting they'll send him home early.  The kids are out of school for at least today and tomorrow from the way the weatherman talks.

Mary got me a keyboard with a usb connection (found it laying around in her garage) and thinks she might have a laptop bag as well.  Now all I need is the wireless mouse.  She told me that cruise ship that is in the news right now was one a friend of hers used a couple years back.  The friend commented it was the worst trip ever.  All kinds of bad things wrong with that ship. Even the food was awful.

Election news continues to interest me but I'm sure not pleased with Romney gaining momentum. I don't think he has a prayer against Obama.  I'm not particularly enthused with Obama myself right now but....if Romney ends up being my only choice, then I'll vote democratic. At least Obama has Hillary...and I do like her!

Had the tv news on just long enough this morning to hear of yet more people killing other people. I swear--this world is getting meaner every day.  It seems to be commonplace to hear of one murder after another.

Well, Hunter is out in the front trying to start a snowman and I told him I would help. Poor Sammy. He's whining to get out there but unfortunately, he can't be trusted off leash.  Here's a weiner leash fro a weiner dog that  I bought for Wayne's birthday last week.






No comments:

Post a Comment