My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The movies

Went to see The Descendants this afternoon. Starred George Clooney, who is always easy on the eyes. I think I'd give it a B-.  It was okay but kind of slow moving I thought.  And while George's acting was again "okay", I didn't think the performance was anything worthy of an Oscar nod.  I wish I could see all the movies up for awards before the Oscars are presented but most of the time, I'm lucky if I see one or two.  Gets kind of expensive (matinees are $7.50) and that can add up if you want to see half a dozen or more. Easier to wait until they come out on video.  With that said,however, I still have a few I'd like to see in the movie house.  War Horse, Extremely loud and incredibly close, Moneyball, and The Grey.  Plus a couple of others.  Previews for Man on a Ledge looked good.

I stopped at the Dollar Tree on the way to the movie house as I wanted to buy a few more back support thingies. I tried the one out on my recliner and office chair and felt they really made a difference. Seems like my back and/or legs hurt an awful lot these days no matter where I sit.  Anyhow, I bought three more and will use one in the car.  I think they're a good deal for a dollar.


I slept until 9:45 this morning. Obviously I was tired.  I think I slept better than I have the last few nights. Perhaps memory foam isn't ideal for my back.

I drove over to Jenni's after the movie to pick up Sammy so he can spend the night. Needless to say, he was mighty happy to see Gramma. (always nice to know you're missed)  hee hee

Well, I think I'll add some death notes and call it good.  Well, that didn't sound like I meant it to sound but you know what I mean.

The Lone Ranger and Tonto:
Jay Silverheels (May 26, 1918-Mar 5, 1980) Jay was a full-blooded Mohawk from Ontario and had been a runner-up Golden Gloves boxing champ. He also played on the Canadian national lacrosse team. In Hollywood he was a stunt man and extra until he landed the role of Tonto. He died of a heart attack at age 61, was cremated and his ashes spread over the Six Nations of the Grand River Reserve in Ontario.

Clayton Moore (Sept. 14, 1914-Dec 28, 1999)
Clayton never really quit being The Lone Ranger. He made countless appearances as the famous masked man but when Jack Wrather (who owned the rights) sued to prevent Clayton from making appearances because a new movie was being filmed, Clayton started wearing sunglasses because the court said he didn't personify the young Lone Ranger anymore. When the movie bombed, Clayton went back to wearing the real trademark mask. He died of a heart attack at age 85 and is buried in Glendale, CA.

Finish your cereal--drink the leftover milk in your cereal bowl because some of the vitamins and minerals in fortified cereals are dissolved into the milk while you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment