My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cute commercial



Jenni and Wayne both had to work today, snow or no snow.  The kids came over with Sammy and Hunter, bless his heart, cleared a path in the backyard so I can get to the bird feeders better. I think they appreciated it too as I saw several of them on the lawn.

I spent over an hour shoveling the driveway and while you still can't see pavement, at least the snow layer is at a reasonable level.  Afterwards, I came in and rearranged some curtains in the house.  That was almost as much work as the driveway. 

My living room with large windows looks out on the backyard.  I like to have the blinds shut at night because I'm pretty sure the neighbors could see in at night (if they were in their backyard) I also like to have the blinds up and open first thing in the morning as I prefer the brightness.  Unfortunately, the blinds don't take kindly to being pulled up each morning and they're starting to fray.  I figured I'd better leave them up before they break and that meant hanging a curtain I could pull closed at night.

To finish this job meant I had to change the curtains on two other windows in a bedroom and here in this room. Up and down on that step stool is hard on me.

I sure hope we aren't going to have power outages.  I can deal with no computer or sewing or cooking but I really don't want to experience no heat.  I suppose I'd better locate my longjohns just in case.

Found a bunch of old Reader Digest pages and AARP Magazine pages that I'd torn out to reread the health articles.  Mostly stuff about how to stay alive. Think I'll type up some of the tips as my memory has a tendency to forget just about everything these days.

Oh great!  It's only 6:40 p.m. and already I'm yawning.  I sure had some interesting dreams last night. I was in Chicago (a place I've never been) and I was lost.  I couldn't remember where I was staying and that made getting directions back there a tad more difficult.  I was meeting all kinds of people along the way and having conversations with them.  I wonder if we'll run into each other again tonight.

Found it interesting that Perry and Palin both backed Newt.  Happy to hear it too. He's a lot smarter and easier to listen to than Romney.  I thought the very first time I ever saw Mitt campaigning that he was too much of a pretty boy who was talking out of both sides of his mouth and saying whatever he thought people wanted to hear. And I can't for the life of me figure out why people continue to say Obama is this super speech giver who no one can beat. I think he's a terrible speaker. I often turn him off because I don't like the way he presents a speech.  At least with Newt, you're not falling asleep. Let's face it...most politicians are a special breed all their own anyhow. None of them are perfect. Some are just a little easier to stomach than others. I always seem to prefer the mavericks.  I wonder why that is.

Hmmmm...my lights are flickering. That doesn't make me happy.  Guess I'll get off this computer and go look for candles...just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment