My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, January 20, 2012

My baby

January 20 is one of my four birth days.  (not counting my own birth, of course)  39 years ago (on a snowy night in Kirkland) my youngest was born.  Happy Birthday Jennifer Lynn!  Hmmm...that means that next year all my kids will be in their 40's.  Actually, I often have to pull out a calculator to figure out their ages.  I'll be 69 in the fall (unless Jesus calls me home) and man oh man...whoever thought I'd live that long?!  I easily remember turning 40, 50, and 60.  I didn't care for 60 at all.  And here we are...almost ten years later and I'm close to entering the 70's.  Won't be much longer folks.  I'm in the autumn of my years...or have I reached winter?  Yeah, probably  The winter of my discontent.

The kids and the dog are here now. Hunter (my favorite grandson) is shoveling off the back porch for me. I tried to put a new head on my snow man or snow witch lady yesterday but I couldn't form a snowball as it was too dry. Maybe I'll try again as it looks kind of dorky right now. (I brought my halloween mask inside).





Well, I guess I'd better get moving. Maddie probably wants to get on Facebook anyhow. Maybe I'll write more later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment